Thursday, October 26, 2006

25th Oct 2006

Sunny spells and wind turns to showers and the chill in the air grows ever more prominent. It’s actually quite mild all things considered but we Brits do like to rabbit (talk) on about the weather. Daylight decreases ever onward and as the autumnal equinox has passed we are into more night than day again. I miss the bright nights and the joy of alfresco living. 20 years ago in this part of the country you could count on one hand the number of times I could come home from work and sit out with a glass of wine and something suitably Mediterranean to eat. This year I lost count and probably easier to count the times I couldn’t enjoy the outdoors. Life in summer is sweet…sweet as the ripest peach. When I am old and grey (not too far away) my recollections for the most part will revolve around the summers I have lived through. For me spring leading to summer is the nearest we get to a glimpse of heaven. For these seasons inspire growth and well being. Winter beckons now and although there are joys in the season they are the greater because we know that summer will come again. Here is a picture of summer in the garden.