Monday, February 26, 2007

26th Feb 2007

It has been the most beautiful evening, (indeed the most beautiful day.) Clear azure sky with a gentle flowing breeze that scents the air with a gentle fragrance of pine swept down from the lofty hill behind the house. It carries to my ears sounds from the distance that take me to a memory of a place so distant I can no longer remember it even though I know it is buried deep within me. It is the long forgotten reverberations from a perfect happy day which ended on such an evening like this one.
How wonderful it to be older (assuming one has not become too wise.) I no longer need imagined adventure to excite me and am perfectly content just to have this evening. So I am spending it sitting in the cool air under tall trees, while my feathered allies lull my sense to rapture with their songs. I can hear the traffic but I simply close my eyes and imagine the scent of pine becomes the salty breath of the sea. The outdoors is where I can simply be and dream and the greatest joy of all is, I do not dream alone. For I have a heart to share and by taking a part of it all my wishes come true.
Hey it’s nearly March...take the best care of yourself