Sunday, April 15, 2007

15th April 2007

A late afternoon sun glances off daffodils and dapples the wood anemone that sit below the willow tree which has begun to drop its catkins like a thousand furry caterpillars. They lie on the ground as a fading yellow velveteen carpet. I have also my first magnolia flower this weekend and it is the most delicate pink. A fitting remembrance for those wonderful pets that nourished us in life and now nourish the world’s beauty as they sleep.

It has been an incredible weekend! Mediterranean in warmth and sunshine and last night I sat in the yard with vino, black olives and wonderful French ewes milk cheese called Ossau-Iraty.

http://www.worldsfoods.com/view.asp?prod_ID=2968

It is like creamy, mellow, sweet Parmesan. It is sublime. Cheese and bread and wine…perfect! I am discovering that products from Sheep and goats are in some ways better than cows. Wow 46 and still so much to try and learn. I fixed Nick’s computer but couldn’t fix Mike’s…I can’t win everything I guess. I keep stubbornly trying though!

I read a sad story about bees today. Apparently they may be disorientated by mobile phones. Can you imagine a world without these insects in it. Neither can I. It was Einstein who said that without bees man would perish within four years. Read it for yourself here…

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/wildlife/article2449968.ece

Hope you too have had a wonderful weekend.