Thursday, September 13, 2007

Finally watered my leeks this evening and just about everything else. Overall it’s cool but quite dry and the terracotta pots lose a lot of moisture so fast. I sat for a while inside my swinging seat safe behind the mosquito net from the insects. A little moment of reflection taken for myself to allow me to take in the cool air and the incredible calm of the evening. If I were blind still I would feel the approach of autumn.
Saw a small frog...about 50mm long. Must be one that made it through the winter and on into its second year. I haven’t seen any climb out of the ponds this summer but it should be anytime now. I love to see them as it is a hopeful omen that all shall carry on regardless of whatever we have done to the world. When I see them I can feel that I have done something amazing building the ponds