Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday 6th Mar 2008

Weather has reverted to mild once again with days of rain to cool the weekend. I put a picture on here of the frogspawn in the pond the other day. Probably can’t see it very well, but there is about a solid patch of spawn 48 x 48 inches so they must have been pretty numerous. I never actually saw a frog this year but in past years have counted in excess of 30. It’s quite an eerie experience to sit in the sun and listen to the soft croaking of bullfrogs. Doesn’t work get thin way (Lancashire for in the) of things? But at least now I am driving there and back in the light.

I can’t believe it is Easter in a couple of weeks and the clocks will be moving to BST (British Summer Time) then hopefully I can do a bit of work in the evenings. Got to start doing some exercise so anything will be welcome. (Pizza presses, wine glass lifts...) Need to shift Ptolemy’s belly.

See the democratic nomination is going right to the wire. Hope Hilary wins because I think she is the better candidate and it’s time to see if a woman can do it better. Whoever gets through I think the political landscape of the US will change forever. Just as it is everywhere else.

Went to the dentist yesterday and he repaired my broken tooth. He drilled without anaesthetic too...bet they wouldn’t dare do that in the US for fear of a lawsuit. Ah the good old NHS (and it cost $86), so don’t believe all healthcare is free here. Well not in England anyway...
Come on weekend