Thursday, June 12, 2008

I got this wonderful smile within my heart and none can see it or know it is there. It is my beautiful secret shared only with a few. It means when I am sad or bored or feeling unfairly treated I can look within and feel the warmth that radiates there for all the special people who bring joy and laughter to my life. It would surprise some (but not my friends) if they knew that this man was sparkling with joy within. For I look within my heart and it is forever summer. Full of clear blue skies and time spent resting against the oak tree while the songbirds create masterpieces, which soar to the heavens and wrap around my dreams. Both to spiral endlessly upward through the whitest clouds into the peaceful air’s that lie overhead. It is the glimmer of a honeybee wing or a drop of dew reflected in the shaft of light that filters through the cool green leaves dappling the floor with dark and light. It is summer and the smile within my heart is renewed.