Monday, July 07, 2008

For one reason and another never seen Nick this weekend but I know exactly where he will be. Sat ensconced in front of the telly watching the men’s final as it is the end of Wimbledon today. You could be forgiven for thinking it is 2007 though, as I think both the male and female final players are all the same people again, (or seem to be.)

A new day shines clear and bright through the branches of the sycamore. Three squirrels are chasing through the branches watched by a solitary jet-black rook who ‘caaw’s’ every so often in a sluggish fashion. I am sure he isn’t fully awake yet. Just like me. Someone’s black cat crosses along the wall and the Robin falls silent and dives within the Holly bush out of the feline line of sight. I can see the garden bathed in the early morning sunlight and hope the heat of the morning rays shakes the moisture away from the ground. Then it begins to rain and just for a second I think wouldn’t it be great to go up there right now without getting ready. Just to enjoy this moment of awakening on this July morning and one thing is for sure I should come back more alive than I went and certainly more wet!

Enjoy the pictures of the garden and also note where the squirrels are chewing the bark off the beech tree…the little bastards!