Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The sky tonight has been a blue background laid with clouds of immense size; swollen, brooding, smoke-grey mountains that hang stationary in the air. The world drew to dusk and horizons blurred till I could no longer tell where land ended and clouds began. I become part of another world and as I peered up at the sky I seem to be looking downward upon a land of valleys and hills backlit by a burnt-amber sun. It seems to look like heaven and I imagine the future free of physicality. To be ethereal and swift, flitting in and out of soft, moist clouds and I feel I have one foot on Earth and the other upon destiny. I shall continue to take joy in every sunset, every cloud and every blue sky. For like the skies no two days are alike and yet each one is full of the most beautiful possibilities.