Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday 4th Aug 2008

It’s a serene sunshine filled evening after a gloomy day. The sun hits ever more angled from the horizon and the once sunny seats where the muse deliberated sink into evening shadow. All that glistens now in August indeed is not gold, it is rather sun-tinged emerald leaves that take light and refract it into a visual treasure.

I am listening to Donna Summer “State of Independence” extended 12” vinyl remix record through my monitor gold’s. Was it really 1982 when I heard it for the first time? How time has taken my life so far, so fast in its wings? Without great hurts or loss and always with mostly wonderful people close by so that I never felt alone.

Ok moving onto Thelma Houston “Saturday Night and Sunday Morning from 1977 when I had just began my working life as a rather naive 16 year old teenager at the mill. Here I am 31 years later still there and still in the same town. Time has shown me a world without me ever having to go look for it. It seems like a good thing for the most part but not always.

I think I’ll liven things up a bit now with “I feel Love” a 1982 remix by Patrick Cowley. He worked a lot with Sylvester who was a bit of a diva also. They are all vinyl records by the way. Shame old Donna S went a bit loopy and said all those silly things. I never bought another record of hers after that. I always remember the duet she did with Streisand and how Barbra Streisand’s voice soared and held rock solid while old Donna sounded a bit karaoke.

Hope your evening is drenched in sunshine and warm thoughts also. Sorry Donna but you did start it and we are like elephants...we never forget!