Saturday, September 06, 2008

Could our souls meet while we sleep? Certainly...but think rather that maybe they already have but only now choose the moment to reveal their alliance to us. I firmly believe things happen at certain points in a life because they are supposed to.

So where would a soul journey? Anything and anywhere is possible and yet even as the thought begins to take form it dissipates. For I feel your soul slip within mine to disseminate it’s structure and allow a new form to be created…and if joy, laughter and honour have a corporeal presence it would be this. I know not its shape, nor size, no colour. Only that it is a perfect environment filled with all the seasons of the world in a harmonious melding of ethereal zones. It is alas, only for the time we sleep and yet it is there forever and though our union of souls must separate still I take a piece of you with me and whether waking or asleep you are a part of me forever.

Bills, work and domestic tedium run through my mind. They are vying for precedence against the watercolour image of you I paint with thoughts. I lay my head on the soft damask pillow and exhale. The world takes pity and these long-lashed eyes close tight shut to release the soul to the night.