Thursday, September 18, 2008

It is quite the most beautiful of nights. The day began with a dense fog followed by sheets of rain and has evolved into the dry clear night I find now. I am walking through the wooded part of the cemetery and the night sky is traced behind the filigree of arching branches of the beech trees. It casts shades of violet and black and the grey clouds float onward through the sky like vaporous icebergs on a collision course to the dawn. The world hangs dark and heavy at first but lightens as I walk and my eyes widen to the little light there. Above a solitary bright star through the maze of twisting, arching fingers of these tall trees shines. I walk the clean, cool air and I am so wrapped up in thoughts. The little light that there is reflects off the marble headstones creating visual stepping stones to lead me through the night. Where do I go? I am not sure, but it is forever in your direction or in the garden writing to you there. I shall enjoy that so much. To sit and record the world and show it to you when you aren’t there to see it yourself.