Wednesday, October 01, 2008

If a picture is worth a thousand words then I must hurry
For, our time is short and my heart larger than this flesh
That aches for you through the long autumn nights that…
Sweep trails of golden tears falling and floating from every tree
To soften the path I walk through the cold light of day

If a word is worth a thousand secret thoughts I must write
For how otherwise can I share the joy bestowed by your love?
That warms the days of brisk western winds running off the hills
Carried over the sea into the arms of the clothed waiting trees
That they may shed summer coats and stand free once again

If a secret thought is worth nothing to others, then I shall have none
For what is a secret without a common loving heart to share it with?
Soon the world shall retreat inside once again to warmth and hope
Within solid walls alight with warmth that await the flame of spring
And the warmest fuel of all shall be the heat within my soul for you

So there are no secret thoughts, yet words and pictures I have
I shall always share of everything that is me with you for time…
Never stops and we shall walk side by side through our destiny?
Through seasons of green and harvests of gold and ice to one day
We shall come to the greenest field and sit upon the grass forever

For paradise is to some a thought but never a secret desire
My paradise has you in it with me, for how could it be that I…
Should wish to be there alone without you to finally see and touch…
The love I have held, shall always hold for you whether the season
For in loving you dreams of paradise take shape and solidify

If a thought is shared then look within me and see the truth forever
That a love carried within my heart is stronger than life and wishes
See it wears your name as a badge of pride for all to see and know
That the man who came this spring is here this winter and forever
He shall be my great love through every season to come…I love you