Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday 27th Oct 2008

I went up to the garden after work because soon the darkness will envelop everything now the equinox has passed. It’s a cold grey day with intermittent cloud breaks that wash the scene in hues to reflect the autumnal browns and greens into a breathtaking watercolour worthy of the greatest artist. The damp is everywhere upon leaves and grass that decay against the overture of autumn which is sung throughout the impending winter till its crescendo in spring. I wandered around through wet grass (mercifully flattened by all the heavy rain) but it was too dark to photograph anything for you. I always want you to see the beauty in things as I do. I remember gazing into the ponds wondering how all the frogs and insects that abound on the surface in summer were faring under the autumn and the clouds grew ever fewer into dusk...a frost will emerge tonight under powerful atmospherics to match the elemental sighing of my soul as it whispers summer goodbye