Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Monday 7th Oct 2008

It seems like the holiday to Cornwall was weeks ago now. We had the most splendid week of warm sunshine and interesting places to go. The week was probably the last gasp of summer before the autumn begins to shut down the days ready for winter. What was best was having a week of relaxation and calm. Very welcome.

So waiting for Las Vegas to come around in a month or so and don’t mind telling you I am a little apprehensive but hey-ho, it’ll be an experience if nothing else. A fabulous show (their words) every night and the flashy lights of the strip with the showgirls. If nothing else I can take lots of pictures while I am there.

Work’s relatively quiet...so thanks credit crunch. Another huge fall yesterday again. One could hardly escape the news about all that as it seems to be wall to wall coverage at the minute. I guess in the final analysis life will go on without too much changing hopefully. Guess we are all eagerly awaiting the election on the 4th November and I just know who I’ll be cheering for. I would have preferred Hilary Clinton but whatever the figurehead of the party we need a change. We can but hope...I confess though that I do however have a certain admiration for Sarah Palin for some reason though I can’t really think why? Someone that goes out killing things isn’t that high on my list of assets for a nice person. Still she brings some realism to all the rhetoric and exaggeration that seems to be around.

Off to the dentist today to have my British smile worked on. (A British smile is like a Hollywood smile only with really bad teeth.) One of my teeth cracked in half and there is only half of it left now so I think they’ll have to pull a tooth out...aargh!! Around 10.30am I should be in agony I think. Lucky old me...bring on the porcelain is what I say.
Have a great day and enjoy the Cornwall flowers.