Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The weather wreathes me in cold currents of heavy air that chills fingertips and set cheeks aglow. For a short time I have wandered the narrow paths that lead me to thoughts that scatter and drift surely as the burnished leaves beneath my feet. Would that I had the innocence to run through and scatter them to the wind and watch them float back down to earth. To run and laugh and just be free with all the thoughts that spark within and tell me that I am alive and the world is still the greatest place despite the cold that would have me indoors. Truth to tell only one thing only would have me within the warmth. That is the thought you would be there… and then surely, I should hasten home by the quickest route to your warming arms…and then the leaves would fly in all directions and the laughter rise up to heaven through barren branches to greet a leaden dusk sky.