Tuesday, December 23, 2008

18th Dec 2008

The auditor has cancelled her visit today as her father is very poorly. She’s a nice lady so I hope everything works out for the better over the next few days. So I shall catch up on some of those jobs I never seem to get around to. Like tidying some of the office paper piles up a little bit for a start. Weather has gone much milder because I am sat at my desk sweating and have taken my coat off…yes sometimes I work in my coat…how Christmas Carol is that! I’ve made an amazing discovery I can type my blog stuff at work on break times and then e-mail it home. I could post from work but our internet connection is so slow I think it would be quicker sending semaphore.

22nd Dec 2008

Well obviously I had a busy day and didn’t finish the blog stuff that work day. We had a rainy weekend but the weather is set for dry all through the week…no white Christmas I’m afraid this year. Still had some good news this morning as we have the rest of the week off (well the next couple of days) and Wednesday was only half a day. The mill has no work and both machines shut last week so it is all pretty quiet. We did wonder if they would succumb to the Christmas spirit and they have….fantastic. In and out of work by 11am…now if only we could do that every day.

Garden survived all the snow and ice but there was a sad casualty in the Yucca plant. The weather is forecast to be mainly dry so shall definitely get up there and take down some trees to allow more light in for next summer. I thought of buying a chain saw ( the trees are quite large,) but the thought of me up a ladder with a chainsaw going full roar doesn’t seem to inspire anyone with any confidence so it’s the hand saw…but sawing through 12 inch boughs 10 feet in the air isn’t that great either. I shan’t ask Nick to help as he seems to have spent most of this year harming various bits of his anatomy (as my 3 trips to the emergency room testify.) Well I did say he had a ‘can do’ attitude, even when he can’t. Still have nearly 2 weeks to accomplish the deed. I’m looking forward to that.

Here is to a good 2009 for us with lots of rest and laughter and sunshine. We all missed the sun in the UK this year so a little next summer would be nice. Here’s to friends and family and most of all to words and I hope there are many more next year.