Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Loves first meeting
Shall stop time’s fleeting,
Dance across a lifetime
That looked toward open sky
With a huge heart of hope
For as light quickens to dusk
Yet my eyes still see
That beauty illuminated by day
Though closed to the eyes
Is still all around in the dark

For my soul is alight
To the wonder of you
And I should never be blind…
While arms can hold me
From so far away
And I shall think always
When shall the rain stop?
I know not, for weather is
Wild, untamed and none
But the wise may say

What time a change comes
When heavens will open
Sweep away the grey
Ushering deepest blue folds
Awash with golden sunlight.
Yet rain may stop one day
When we are together
If only within our hearts and minds
So we may be at peace
A little while

For the world hurts sometimes
And its pain is felt by all
Who live and breathe.
I share its pain now as do you
But joy is returned in sharing
In your love and warmth.
For the world is a lonely place
Filled with billions of us and yet
In all those masses of population
Gaia’s arrow wounded us both

And we endure and grow
And ultimately we will heal all