Thursday, March 12, 2009

It must be spring as the spiders have awoken and are now to be seen across the houses so I dug out some previous diary entries….I always hope it is the same spider. Probably because I wouldn’t want to think there are several that size wandering around the property.

For what do I see but ugliness and something that is alien? It sits and watches me with its brown hairy body and gangly legs and arms. This is my room and it has no right to be here and yet my compassion compels me let it stay for it is deserving of shelter on this wet and windy night. Just stay out of my bed.

Weather is dry but cool and Mr. Spider (the big one) keeps appearing in different rooms. I wonder where he is tonight. So long as it is not in my bedroom I don’t mind. I know he was in the kitchen by the fridge. Because while I was cooking I spied a daddy long legs dangling on a strand of cobweb and there was Mr. Spider advancing toward him. I rescued the daddy long legs and now Mr. Spider will probably come pay me a visit. You watch…or rather that’s what I’ll do.

Wow mister you should have seen the size of the spider that has just run across my bedroom carpet. It came out of the chimney and ran in two complete circles before climbing right into my bed. Boy, I hope that wasn’t an omen or anything. I talked to it for a while. Willing it to stay while I got Mike to catch it and put it out of the window. Made me feel a little better and it stayed put while it was captured in the large jug out of the bathroom. It was spooky almost like it didn’t want to be here and maybe just talking reassured it that I was harmless and just as eager for it to find its way home again. Or it means that I am quite mad…I wonder sometimes if they don’t understand a great deal more than we suppose.