Friday, April 17, 2009

It has been the most beautiful of all evenings. A gentle, flowing breeze that scents the air with a hint of pine and rosemary. It carries to my ear’s sounds from the distance so that they take me to a memory… of a place so distant I can no longer remember it. Yet I know it is there deep within me… Memories of a perfect happy adventure that ended on an evening just like this. How wonderful it is to be older, (but luckily not too wise.) So that I no longer need to pursue adventures and am perfectly content just to have the evening instead. To spend it sat among the trees while my feathered allies lull all my senses to rapture with their song. The sound of traffic reaches my ears on the wind and should I close my eyes it takes me to the shore. For a garden is the one special place within a life where I can simple be and travel the world by closing my eyes and dreaming. My wish is never to dream alone for I have a heart to share and so much love to give and in turn I feel so loved that I know my wish has come true.