Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday 25th May 2009

Woke early this morning and baked some bread. While it was proving I took a walk up to the garden and there was not a soul about. Just the sound of birds and the odd rumble of traffic from the road but it was a completely different experience due to the sun being in a different part of the sky. The nuances of light and shade cast different hues and shapes and I enjoyed sitting amongst the green and aromatic morning vista.

Somebody saw a deer in the cemetery yesterday and I spent time looking over the wall this morning (and under all the trees in the garden) but to no avail! In fact that was my prime reason for going so early. However my searching did reveal a well trodden path on the hillside and I wonder what has made it. I’m sure some of the indents looked like deer prints. Cool!!

Life to me consists (no matter how we rationalise it) a pursuit of money and power. For in this material world our survival depends on it and no matter really the greatness or lack of success in attaining it, so long as we are here, we are alive to the need . That is a simple inalienable truth, but here sat in this green and sweet world it briefly becomes just about living and I wonder how much time spent here on a beautiful late spring day would it take to leave everything mortal behind and be content. A minute, an hour, or perhaps never? Too much too think of now and like the bread the world is rising into a new day and I head home.