Saturday, September 12, 2009

It has been a beautiful few days with lots of sunshine and although cool it has been very welcome and pleasant. The air is very clear which is an added bonus…so much so that I can see from the garden the Yorkshire hills and right out in the distance the hills of the Lake District. In the garden, I am conscious of the leaves now mottling to yellow. It begins around the circumference of the leaf and moves inward as the tree takes back the remaining vitality before ultimately throwing the leaf to the ground as a withered sliver. It is quite sad to mark in the seasons, but necessary and the land below benefits, as do we.

Work has been long, hard going this week so I am glad to see the last of it. 3 assessments and not without some problems but I shall be finished by the coming Thursday night. I can’t wait for the rest days to get here. I still haven’t managed to look up where we are going but it will be great whatever. Of that I am sure.

Hope you have a great weekend. I shall potter around the garden I think after I have filled out my passport application…boy 10 years has gone by quickly and stamped all over my face in the process…see the photo. (on second thoughts took it off. It’s like a ‘most wanted’…What a moustache…eeks! Enjoy the sunset (last night) and the robin on the willow.

Ps the visitor counter has gone nuts for some reason?