Sunday, February 28, 2010

28th Feb 2010

Well it’s the last day of February. I had a walk to the garden with Robbie. He’s a clever dog and walking really well. Keeps the pace and doesn’t weave all over the place. I am amazed at how quick he is learning all these new things. He’s a ratter of a dog though and jumps and pounces and chews with a relish that could be construed as disturbing.

It’s been a grey day and I thought perhaps there was the threat of snow in the air but it never materialised. Perhaps today was the last gasp of winter before spring. The garden has the last vestiges of snow in cool, hidden corners and it is now covered with a thin skein of black speckles now. How different from the pure white when it fell.

The garden has fared reasonably well over the cold weather but the tenders have been well and truly tenderised by the hard frosts. The pond is still frozen and cheeky chappie ran over the ice; so lucky that it was. I figured I was going to get cold feet. I also had to pull him out by his backside from a rabbit hole under the fir tree. Ah, you’ve got to watch them all the time.

Yesterday finally went to see Avatar at the IMAX with Nick...I loved it from start to finish. So stunning, desperately sad and yet, sometimes so beautifully moving and always, always enchantingly hauntingly inspiring. It is probably the best film I have ever watched in my life and if you haven’t seen it yet, please go and see how a world could be so differently imagined. James Cameron must be so proud of his achievement.

Hope you’ve had a good weekend.