Monday, February 08, 2010

I’ve walked to work nearly every day since the New Year. I haven’t walked it back so many times but I figure that 50% walking is good and much better than none at all. It’s getting easier to walk the two and a half miles and I think there are undiscovered muscles lurking in my shins...because they do ache slightly by the time I get to work. I think if I am enjoying it now then when the warmer, brighter mornings arrive I shall be having a ball strolling through the avenues of birdsong.

There are few people around at 6.30am and one soon attunes to the routine and at certain places certain people walk by like clockwork. For the moment I can survive well without the car and that’s got to be a good thing. Besides walking to work gives me time to think and also to notice how dirty the pavements actually are. Who knows what they are doing with all the tax money?

Somebody asked what I was doing up the tree. I was cutting off some branches with the chainsaw. I’m quite sure that method of pruning isn’t in the manual so don’t try it out. It’s a small battery chainsaw and quite light but in the wrong hands quite deadly...ok I’ll get rid of it!

Hope you had a good weekend