Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tuesday 18th May 2010
Finally, comes some welcome sunshine on a Tuesday evening casting shadows across the deepening, green, glades of May. It is a peaceful scene full of birdsong and the gentle push of the wind across my ears. It has not been the best of months so far with some of the coldest weather for years. Despite the frost I think everything has survived but when I’ll have had enough rainwater to fill the pond is looking like next spring. Still it will be ready for the frogs to enjoy and give me plenty of time to tidy up the margins. I’m off to Cheshire with Nick tonight to pick up some speaker cabinets for renovation. They are Tannoy Super Red Monitor Cabinets...quite large but will make a nice project. Lucky Nick has a large car. I’ll put some pictures below of the actual speakers although I doubt these will ever look this good even after I have finished.

Robbie’s is good...in fact he’s sat at my side looking at the computer wondering which bits might be edible...the dog has issues, seriously. His favourite objects are rocks about the size of grapefruits which he rolls down the hillside with his nose and then sits at the bottom scraping them with his new grown up teeth. So probably looking at a toothless old Westie a few years from now. Ha-ha we’ll be a matching pair.

Hey I get my new car this weekend – a Kia Piccanto...ok not to sexy, but cheap to buy and run. The way that petrol is going that’s all we need to know.