Sunday, July 17, 2011

Well here we are so soon midway in July. The weather has been a mixture of warm sunny weather and rain. I think probably better than last year but I am not so sure. The potatoes have been raised and buried again, (down my throat) and delicious they were too. The mangetout and the asparagus is growing well as are the horseradish (now reaching monstrous proportions in the green house) and the grapes also are beginning to enlarge. still only the size of a large pea but lots of time left to get bigger. They weren’t good last year having very tough skins and no sweetness but then again the north of England isn’t renown for its winemaking industry. The only disappointment has been the apples because despite the huge magnitude of blossom in May there are only a few apples left on the trees.

I can’t say much as it has practically rained nonstop all today. I took the dog out and we watched the waterfall in the park...which was impressive. Then I listed my old valve amps on eBay so I wonder what they will bring. Check em out here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230648475333&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Kitchen renovation is ongoing but slow. Hopefully it will be done in another week. I'll do some before and after pics when it's finished.