Friday, October 21, 2011

Well it’s been a quiet week with our first frost on Tuesday. Only a mild one, but still it is a precursor of what is to come. For the moment it has returned to mild damp weather which should last into next week. I made my jam last night and you know it came out beautifully – text book short rolling boil and then perfect set. Must be the grapes are naturally high in pectin. The recipe was grape, gooseberry and apple and all were from the garden. I shall get some croissants at the weekend and try it out. Of course if I wasn’t working I could make the croissants but for the moment the shop bought ones are good enough.

I made a complaint against a supermarket the other day because they were selling wine at 2 bottles for £10 or 1 bottle for £9.56 – is that skewed to make you drink more or what! They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with that. People here don’t need any encouragement to drink excessively for sure (me included.)

I watched the Green Lantern the other night – a bit silly but parts of it were ok. I am however finding a lot of newer films filled with personal angst and relationship issues rather than aliens or fantasy special effects. Still even so I downloaded the digital copy into iTunes where it shall stay unwatched till they remake it again in 20 years.

Roll on the weekend

Ps the answer to the riddle was nothing