Sunday, November 18, 2012




Lost in hollow reflection
 Amongst the fallen leaves
  Till thought and time merge
   Within a sodden autumn day
    To deliver me always to spring

I will not seek comfort or hope
 Within a living wall of growth
  That I engendered and nurtured
   Till it grows beyond my span
    Changing future landscapes forever

I will wander today; till the light fails
 Then I shall sleep away the day in peace
  In a world that delivered me here now
   With naught but the breath of the autumn
    To wrap up this failing skin within

I will make of the day a lifetime
 For tomorrow may never come again
  For we are so many and we fail
   We do not endure nor transform
    But we create and we may love

I will make of my lifetime a wonder
 But I shall fail and then I will sleep
  And take away forever all my thoughts
   To my little new world of eccentricity
   Into the long, cold days of skyfall